Not “flooring it” on the ride, haha.
We finished laying the 1/2” polyiso, after taping the edges with house wrap tape, and then fastening 3/4” plywood over it. Finding the existing bolt holes was a little tricky, but thanks to neighbor Jim, they are all in place. A couple of the holes do need to be re-threaded, that’s how they came from the factory, as the original bolts were shorter, so they worked okay. We’re using longer ones to attach the plywood and include the polyiso depth. You can barely see the polyiso in this shot, but it’s all there!
I also got Reflectix, some heavy grey fabric on sale, and fitted them to the door windows. Spray-glued them together, then finished off the edges with grey duct tape. They friction fit right into the openings, but I got several heavy duty small magnets that can be added if needed.
We then brought the van to Elmira, where a relative with a large garage can take care of installing the Maxxfan, Mach 8 air conditioner with heat element, solar racks and panels and an opening window on the side. We hope to be able to help with it, and get some pics along the way. So the driveway will be empty for a while.
Hoping the next post will have lots of good updates to share!