Trying to minimize things for upcoming travel. This seems to be the least for now! About 5 x 2 x 8 inches.
See my Flickr post for detailed notes on individual items.
Something ‘easy’ to sketch during my recovery. I’ve been sketching, but not scanning.
As soon as I think I’m improving, I find out it takes a looong time to get back to ‘normal’!
Every day, a little bit better!
A very cold, snowy and windy day. Great time to update my watercolor palette and do a little bit of sketching…
I dug out my old proportional dividers to help with portrait sizing. I’m not yet able to do that squint and measure thing with my pencil yet!
Some painting supplies
I just *had* to do a quick sketch of my basic tools used to sketch with.
From left to right:
1. $2 brush (or maybe it was a dollar) from home improvement store
(I love using this brush to make a messy start!)
2. Black Gold, size 8, travel watercolor brush (Feels luxurious)
3. Cotman size 5 watercolor brush (Eh, good all-purpose)
4. Robert Simmons size 1 watercolor brush (Hardly ever used)
5. Pentel waterbrush (again, hardly ever used)
6. Pentel pencil
7. Click eraser (used too much!)
8. Pitt artist pen
9. Micron .01 pen
10. Noodlers Flex nib – had trouble with this at first, have learned to love it!
11. Lamy safari with Lex. grey ink (new ink color, not used to it yet. Also, I love the flex nib!)
12. Uniball red pen
13. Uniball/Signo white
14. Plastic grid/ruler